Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Passion!

Once again, I struggled with getting myself to sit down and write. I sat down and opened my book. I then read while thinking I need to write so I can sleep. I wrote that sentence and immediately wanted to write about how I did not want to brush my teeth. That is exactly what I wrote yesterday. My brain loops quite easily. It is understandable because I associate brushing my teeth with the activity I do before I sleep.

I will write! I do seem to write better at night even when my when I feel the tiredness behind my eyes. I wished I could describe that better.

Anyway, I was inspired by Give or Take's blog about her finding her passion. I have been looking for that. I have several activities I feel some passion for - music, reading, art, and video games. The two bigges are reading and art. I love going to plays and museums. I'm even thinking of trying to find a way to make money in the creative side, maybe act (doubtful), write a novel, and play in gigs. I just doubt I will make enough money to pay the bills so there will have to be a Plan B. My dram teacher said though if you have a Plan B you will do that and not act. In my case, act could stand for playing my bass or writing. I still think I will have a plan B. I enjoy those activities but I know my passion.

I did not when I started to comment on Give or Take's blog, but it just made sense when I started to type how I did not know what it was. I love to learn. I get jealous of people's knowledge. When I was playing Sims 2, I figured out that I would be a knowledge Sim. The world of theatre attracts me because it seems learning is necessary. I would have to learn new lines for new plays and new skills for different parts. Sadly, the idea of being part of a successful show that runs for years just sounds boring. Also a bit egotistical, I have attended two sessions of my acting class and I doubt I will be part of any show.

So, this seems enough to say I have written something. Next thing to add to the list, revision, an essential part of writing that I do not do when I blog. Enjoy the errors!

2 comments:

Anali said...

I don't think having some other job to pay the bills should be a Plan B. Why should one expect that their passion will make them money? There is time for doing the things we want/need to do, but sometimes it just means making the time.

I guess what I'm saying is, this is not Plan B, it's just part of the overall plan.

Anonymous said...

I love your "errors". You write as if you are thinking out loud, which is great. Don't change, just keep putting it out there.