Thursday, August 19, 2010

Budget!

I love to play with numbers. I figured out my net worth (negative for the first time). :(

I estimated my income and expenditures for a year. I live very frugally and can live on 13,000 a year. I earn about 18,000 (net not gross) so I can save 5,000 a year. My goal is to pay off my medical debt with my fiscal year - September 2010 - August 2011. This means that I need to earn 7,000 extra. Ideally I would like to earn at least 10,000 extra so I can do some fun stuff like weekend trips.

I do not want to cut my budget back anymore. I probably could get it below 10,000 but I like driving my car, eating out once in a while, and going to a few plays a year.

There is a music library position open that pays 32,000 a year. If I could get that job, it would rock. I could easily pay off my debt and still be a server some nights and weekends to earn even more money. I doubt I will get that job so the plan is still to be a substitute. My second job would still be a server because I like the work and the money.

P.S. My computer really should be repaired by next week.

1 comment:

AMindTornAsunder said...

Hah, just so you know, I'm still alive, and just lurking. :P I hope you do end up with that job though, and good luck on that budget, god knows I don't do well with those. Not that I'm a compulsive buyer, but it seems everything I NEED to do/pay for comes up as soon as I commit.

This summer has been busy, but I'll start posting and commenting again soon, now that my schedule is getting better, ironically, after school started.