Monday, August 10, 2009

Nicest Thing

by Kate Nash. It is my favorite song at this time. I have never been so obsessed about a song that I put it on daily. I can not tell you why I love the song so much. I enjoy Kate Nash's voice. I enjoy the melody. I enjoy the lyrics. The lyrics really speak to the romantic in me. They are about wanting someone (in my mind a man, but I do not believe she states a gender)to love her which of course I want someone to love me. Maybe not as extreme as the examples in the song because I do want him to be able to eat even if I was not in his life. I want a practical man but part of me is like "Yes, waste away because I'm gone."

I'm not saying that I would be ready for that type of love. If the perfect guy for me came up and said "Hi." I'm sure I would say "Hello" back but once I realized what he wanted... wait... the perfect guy for me would realize that I would need to take things slow so would have little problem with me going away for a few years to travel. I told people if I found the right guy now I would travel with him. I meant it at the time, but it is no longer true. I want to travel by myself, maybe with a friend, but I want the freedom to do what I want without feeling selfish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Kate Nash :-)

Also, I think it's OK to be a little selfish - it helps us stay sane. I don't think anything is good in extremes, including selflessness.

Happiness lies somewhere in the middle.

X