Friday, July 16, 2010

Delayed Blog

I did not write a back up blog because I had the day off. Well I was called in. I got called at 7am. I rolled out of my house at 7:20 and drove slowly to my pet sitting gig. I can still drive my car but my brother recommends below 45. I then went to work and got done at 11am.

For some reason, I decided I should drive to see my friend Carla in North Phoenix. It normally takes around 30 to 40 minutes when I can take freeways. My car does not have air conditioning. There was a excessive heat warning in effect. It took me about an hour and ten very sweaty minutes to see her. It was worth it but I told her never again. The next time I drive to see here is when I have a car that can go on a freeway. She told me I was silly.

We had lunch with her husband. She and I drove (thankfully in her car) to El Mirage where I saw her class and she let me borrow some teaching books. We got back to her place and I soon after took off back to the pet sitting gig. I took care of the animals.

The drives were amazing in some ways. It made me pay attention to areas of towns I never go like the Squaw Peak (I know it has a different name now) area and the farms east of the 101 in Scottsdale. I want to travel. I will be planning a camping trip soonish.

After the pets, I drove to my new gaming group. I hung out with two of the guys because the other two members were busy. It was interesting. I told them I have many groups and they told me the rule is I just have to tell them when I cannot make it. I rather the rule was when I can make it because I am very busy. We ended the night at Ihop. I did not get home till 12:30am so I had planned a shorter blog but instead enjoy the one about my day. I need to shower and sleep.
Good night all.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I will gladly come down to Tempe next time. Maybe with Shaun a/o cookies in tow...most likely cookies.