Friday, October 15, 2010

Distractions and Obligations

I'm extremely content right now. I have a series I am enjoying .. maybe too much. Grumpator recommended it to me and lent me the first two books in the Vorkosigan series written by Lois McCaster Bujold. I have lost sleep to this addiction. At this moment, I wrenched myself away from it to write my late update.

I also fixed my computer. Well, my brother fixed it mostly. I have not been updating my adobe reader and other programs like I should so got some infections which lead to my OS crashing. We reinstalled it and I fixed the audio driver dilemma on my own.

I'm lucky because my obligations are almost all self imposed. I'm therefore struggling on getting them done. I have been writing which is good. This blog is going to get updated. The Chandler Symphony Orchestra blog needs to be updated but the only person riding me on that issue is me. I have years of getting around the responsible part of me.

Goals. That is what is needed. The CSO blog will have a day that it is suppose to be updated. I will have applied to a school district by next Thursday. I will read other blogs and try to use I less. Lastly, my house will be more neat. That seems to be a long enough list.

One last thought, Men feel like both a distraction and an obligation. If I want kids and to work on my relationship skills, I need them. They just take time and mental energy. At this juncture, they are not a distraction.

2 comments:

kimkipling said...

Woah! I just realized that I did not post last week. That means another post will be coming soon. Perhaps about games.

Give or Take a Little said...

I, too, need to work on not using I.

It's hard, when blogging can easily be an exercise in self-reflection.