Saturday, October 25, 2008

Galapagos = Amazing

Truly beautiful. I highly recomended Galapagos to everyone and I will write about it, but not in this blog.

This blog is about catch up! I do not feel like I'm wasting my travel time by blogging anymore. I sometimes just need a day or two of rest. Also, a guy named Andre from Canadia said, "The thing I miss most is creating things. You don't create anything when you travel". I disagreed because you create conversations and experiences. Of course someone who has been traveling three years knows nothing. Ye gods is he right. I want to create something and just do somethign mundane. That is why I enjoy this blog so much. I create memories for myself and hopefully images for everyone else. Side note - I miss video games so much. I will never travel without a portable video game system again.

Oh right, for some reason I really did want to get away from it all. I felt like I could not call my family or anyone. The only way to keep in contact was by internet and I did not need normal things. I was in a new place experiencing new sights, people, food, and etc. I did have twings of missing home but recently I have been pining a bit more. I still want to travel now and in the future but I got to change some things. First of all, I'm going to find an arcade and use my money for some mindless fun. For goodness sake I found myself missing Spyro. Spyro! It is not even a game I have played that often. I will start listening to more "American" music and I will be calling people more. If you want to be one of those people, give me your number and time to call you. Even better, join Skype so that our calls would be free. My name on Skype is ... kimkipling! A surprise out of left field.

I was wrong. There will be no new information about my travels except for this. I'm in Cuenca and I believe I will be in Peru by November. I'm sad to miss Halloween and the Election Day. I will not be voting this year. I almost signed up to get a ballot but forgot the address at the hostal. I did not sign up in time but also I have no place to send it to. My address is for Lima and I will most likely not be there until Nov 10th or so. If I'm out and about during another big election, I will plan way ahead.

Here is a picture of Cuenca. (When I figure out why Blogger is a butt. and yes! I did push the add image button once and the second time it had troubles loading)

3 comments:

Anali said...

I agree about needing a day or two of rest - traveling doesn't need to be all about rushing from one place to another. We do enough of that in our daily lives!

I can't believe you didn't bring a Gameboy with you. I would have bought one just for that trip!

Glad you're finding some balance in your traveling, and can't wait to see more pics!

Tinshark said...

I answered your myspace comment. Also agree with Grumpator, why didn't you buy a gameboy? (like you haven't thought of that now)

kimkipling said...

I know! I thought I would try experiencing the world and video games would be too distracting. Now I know I need a healthy balance.