Monday, November 3, 2008

Princess Angel Fairy Kitty Cookie

My last blog was so tired and grumpy. Things have changed quite a bit. I met an English bloke named Gaz, and he and I ran around Cuenca. He was like a little brother and he told me his problems with his girlfriend. I also got invited to a local's house named Antonio to play video games which Gaz and I did. We played Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, a Mortal Kombat puzzle game, and Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. It was amazing and I also got bored. Just like home.

I stayed in Cuenca for four days because I was tired of traveling and the idea of trying to get to Buenos Aires by December 17th was draining. I called to change my flight to Santiago but too expensive. Dammit. Gaz left late at night and I planned on leaving the next day but I had been flirting with the local named Antonio. The next day I called him up and we had an awesome day. The next day I left for Loja and Vilcabamba. I needed to move on. I started to plan my trip through Peru, Chile, and Argentina so I could get there in time. My heart was not in it. 6 weeks of traveling everyday or two days by bus. It did not feel right.

If there is one thing I have learned by traveling, it is to do what makes you happy. I make all my own plans so if I do not want to travel that way I just have to think of a different solution. What do I want? I never really wanted to leave Cuenca. It is a normal city but I usually move on when I'm done with a place. This time I left because I felt I should. I looked online. Only 590 for a flight from Lima, Peru on Dec 16th through Expedia. My other flight is completely refundable so I would actually be saving around 200 dollars. I will stay in Cuenca. I will stay until I get bored or Nov 26 because I have to be out of Ecuador by Nov 28.

I got all excited and I finally admitted something to myself. I wanted to return also because I really like Antonio. He is an English student who is a waiter at El Cafecito (how I met him because it was my hostal) and also volunteers as a tutor for a local school. He is also an artist and I was infatuated with him. I was a bit scared that he did not really want me to return but it would be okay because I was also returning so I could find a sense of stability and something mundane.

I had a really long day of riding buses becaue I missed a connection by 5 minutes and there was a construction delay but like 9 hours later I was in Cuenca. Vilcabamba was beautiful by the way and I highly recomend it. I called Antonio and left a message. He calls me back like 10 minutes later but just because he wanted to and not because he got my message. So... for this next month I have an Ecuadorian boyfriend. I have agreed to not date others and vice versa. Not the biggest scarifice on my part since I have not dated anyone since February. So that is why my facebook status changed. I just made it blank because I have a boyfriend but it is temporary.

I'm really happy and it is really really nice to dating someone who actually likes me quite a bit. I'm also excited about the election tomorrow. I did not vote because I had no clue where I would be to send a ballot. No matter what happens I will not complain and in the future I will plan better. I'm also rather excited to be coming home. I miss you all. Even if at the same time I plan on leaving again in the future.

I will write more in the future because I should have plenty of time
Shilo the Romantic Fool for a Moment

4 comments:

Anali said...

Wow, not what I was expecting to see today, but glad that you've met someone special. I hope you guys have a good time! Also, it's good that you recognized that you wanted to feel a little stable for a while. Traveling's supposed to be fun, not work! Enjoy, relax, take lots of pictures in Cuenca!

Sydni said...

Squeee! Very cool, I'm proud of you for being so forward and take-charge. That's fantastic. I think you should post pictures of Antonio. Oh and also, the title of this post...is teh awesome. Loves it! It's okay that you didn't vote too because it seems pretty obvious that Obama is winning by a LOT. If he doesn't win it would be a major upset.

kimkipling said...

I can't post pictures of Antonio because he is shy, and it was a lot of work just to get photos of him. I do not know why because he is cute, but I agreed to no posting. I will send pictures to the elite and I will show photos when I get back.

I still wished I had voted because a lot of props passed that I wish had not.

Roy said...

well some shitty props passed but Obama won so i call it even.