Monday, March 2, 2009

Writing Goals and more

I'm a procrastinator. I have trouble doing things unless I have a deadline or some structure. One of the reasons I am in a symphony. I rarely practice and I always desire to practice more, yet it never seems to happen. When the symphony is going on, I play at least once a week. I'm actually practicing as well. Not much, but more than zero. This fact makes me happy.

I joined my writing class so I would have structure and deadlines. I do know myself well, but I'm still not writing. I have now developed this rule that states that I need to write at least 30 minutes a day. This means I write anything but poem and short stories. But hey, the goal is to write and maybe if I get in the habit, I will write other things. I have so SO much free time at work that I end up writing for more than 30 minutes easy.

For Lent, I gave up my reflection. This is because I look at myself too much in mirrors and shiny things. I can look at mirrors to do make up and check my teeth. Basically, I can check out my appearance for work to make sure I look presentable. I have since been amazed by how much I try to check myself out. It could be a reaction because I have told myself no, but sadly I believe I may be a bit vain. Just looked up the word vain. I'm not excessively proud but still very proud. I have been checking out my shadow and trying to convince myself that peripheral vision does not count. Funny and sad.

I play on Twitter more. Also, I will be writing more here so I won't have to write my stories. Oh right, if you see grammar errors, please tell me so I can improve my writing skills.
Ciao!

2 comments:

Anali said...

Do you want us to correct grammar on your blog posts, or just creative writing? :-)

kimkipling said...

Everywhere! I have to learn.