Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Always looking for a job

I know that this not true but I feel like it is. I feel like I have been looking for a job for the past three years even when I had one. Looking for the one that would make me more happy than not. At this point, I'm looking for a job that will pay me with money. I'm still not quite to the level of fast food or call service but I am looking at administrative positions which I just have no enthusiasm for. I'm going to call to get the subsitute forms sent to my house because I think that job would be good for me.

I do have days where I get down about the whole career search but I still have hope. I was never worried about my job hopping but now it seems to be not just a year trend. Scratch that. I had one job that I kept the whole year. I just happen to travel for a fourth of the year. I will not get too worried but I just want money.

Anyway, the new year is coming very soon. I have some goals for this new year. I want to get a job and make money. I will then save most of this money to own my own apartment/condo and for my next big trip. Remember I plan on visiting South America by way of Mexico and Central America. I would like to meet new people who like to play the games I enjoy. I hope this greatly or otherwise I might go back to TGS and I believe that would be bad. I just love board and card games, and the people who enjoy playing those games with me, do not have time.

I guess I need to get my own place to live. I so focus on the job part that I'm not looking to far ahead. Except I'm thinking two years in the future. I guess it is the in between that is so grey for me. Hehehe. It is like Warcraft (not World of) where you can see where you are at and your long term goal but the rest is all black with the fog of war.

I think about men but I have no resolutions or goals for them. I would like to date but it does not seem to important. I do NOT want a relationship. Blah, get shivers when I think about it, but I do not want to sleep with random men. I want a nice in between where we have fun but do not get too serious, and then we move on to new people. I guess that does sound like sleeping with random men but anyway, I'm vague about the future when it comes to this aspect.

I need to practice my bass more. That is always but I almost believe it might happen this year. I would like to take courses in stuff. That's right, the mighty word, Stuff. For example I would enjoy ceramics, politics, and Spanish. This is one of my biggest goals. Do not lose too much Spanish. The only TV I watch is channel 33 or the spanish channel. I also read Tres desos hoy. One cool thing is when I start thinking in Spanish, more spanish comes out. I plan on writing in my journal in espanol but it is so hard. Just reading my "it is for 8 year olds or younger" book today, tired my brain out.

There it is. I want a job, a place to live, and some new friends. And practice my bass. Sounds a whole like last year but I'm so very different than I was last year.

1 comment:

Anali said...

One of my resolutions this next year will be to be more proactive about getting together with friends, especially for games. Hmmm...wonder who I can call?