Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Struggling

I was really excited to come back. I wanted to clean dishes, see friends, and get a job. I'm enjoying see friends but it still feels a bit weird with most. Other than that, I'm struggling. I'm feeling mundane and some grief from the failed relationship is coming back. It is like I was hiding from it and all of normal life a bit. I'm feeling more lonely because my expectations were higher though I'm having more serious connections.

The job front always gets me down. It feels so long term and draining. Maybe this is culture shock. I do not know what it is but I'm struggling. Part of me wants to go traveling but other parts are not ready. I'm sure this will get better.

2 comments:

Anali said...

It's always hard to get back to normal after time away, and it gets harder the longer you've been away. Not to mention that this is a hard time of year to try to get settled back into anything resembling normality.

This shall pass - just be patient, grasshopper!

Carla said...

It was fun hanging out with you yesterday. Sorry I was a bit preoccupied mentally, but you understand. :)

I really think you should look into substitute teaching for a while. The expectations aren't as high as a regular teacher, you get to substitute in a variety of subjects and grade levels, and you get the most flexible schedule ever! If Floyd-Ben can do it, you certainly can!