Saturday, December 13, 2008

Killing Time

I want to go home. Really that is what is comes down to and I have to wait. I felt bad because I felt like I was just killing time, but I'm having fun killing time. I got a really bad romance novel yesterday adn I went into the world of books. It started out all right but the end was crap.

I went to Machupicchu and it was cool. It is big and impressive. There is only one problem. Still do not care about ruins. The Incas did have a system where water went down a hill and they had made a system where it fountained down two feet. I was impressed. I went to Waynu (bad spelling) picchu which is the mountain you see in the background in all the photos. I climbed to the top and the view was spectacular.

I had met a Colombian dude on the night train and he was rather annoying. He was cute but he kept telling me he was 16, but he could never keep his story straight. He did help me apply sunblock on my head since it was burning. I lost my blue hat. Sadness. We had walked up to Machupicchu and up the other hill. He thoguht I was ahead of him when in fact I was behind. He sped off and I did not care. I decided to go to see the Gran Cavern. It is not that Gran. I did not have a lot of water but it only took me 30ish minutes to get down. There a nice man gave me directions to do a loop that was faster. Isn't funny when someone does you a favor but really it means you get to climb the mountain again?

No. The answer is no it is not funny. I climbed the mountain again. With no water this time. It was so miserable and hot. I tried crying but had no water to cry. I have been trained to deal with this because my mother was horrible with trails when younger. I have been on several 3-4 hour hikes that were in fact 7 or more. I got up and trugde down. I paid the ridicolous price of 7 dollars (22 soles) for a bus down and 10 soles for water. Water is usually 1 or 1.5 soles. I took a shower and started to feel better.

I would recommended Machupicchu but it is expensive and I have been impressed by other things more. It all depends on what you like. I enjoyed the Galapagos more. I love the sea and animals. Ruins are old places for me. Cool, people could build big and impressive things in the past. I know this.

I took the train back at 5:30 in the morning. I have been just chilling in Cusco since. Eating food and calling my family with this free phone at the South American Explorer club. I have not chatted with too many people but that is okay. I chatted with a girl at the club adn I hope there are people at the hostel. Otherwise, it is 3 days by myself which is not too terribly. I went to two museums yesterday and will go to one today. I plan on exchanging my book for another at the club, eating out, and then catching the plane to Lima.

Lima should be fun and I have a little bit of money. I borrowed 100 dollars from my mom which I do not think I will need but just in case. I'm going to buy a Spanish book and visit downtown Lima. Then get up so early on the 15th (3am) and probably paid a crazy amount for a taxi. I assume 40 or 50 soles. Usually my budget is 90 soles a day. But I will be paying for a registered taxi early in the morning, two price raising factors. My plane leaves at 5:50am. I will get home at 8:50pm mostly because I have to wait four hours in Fort Lauderadale which I can't spell. I plan on doing research and seeing what I can do in an hour in the Fort place.

Ciao Ciao

1 comment:

Anali said...

We'll all be so happy to have you back!