Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tired so tired

The day after that last blog I went searching for a guide at an agency. This got me back to Clara so I ran with it. She was pretty much what I expected, annoying and late. She did get me to the sites. Huarchos de Luna was cool and is known for its colors. I really liked Chan Chan because it was huge. I also got a free lecture about how girls should get an education before boys! Or they end up pregnant. From Clara of course, blah, no mention of educating the girls about sex education.

I enjoy ruins a bit but they are not that cool for me. I did feel like I was in the Mummy because it was a sandy desert and ruins.

That night I left for Huaraz on a night bus. Watched part of a oriental film about guy kicking butt. Alas, there was no sound so they switched it out for a movie about Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Horrible but I watched the whole thing. Then tried to sleep. Got 4 hours! Best yet. Met an English bloke named David.

That day passed in a sleep haze but ate at some good restaurants and booked a tour to trek the Santa Cruz trail in the Andes. Went to bed earlish at 10pm and got up at 5am for the tour. David and I got to the place. The guide and everyone got in a taxi for the collectivos to go to Santa Cruz. Which could not happen. People were protesting on the road to Santa Cruz until 12pm. Going to do the tour tomorrow.

Instead David and I had free breakfast at our hostel and got a collectivo to take us to a different part. We tried to see the Laguna Churpu but the altitude affected me. I got a headache but the worst part was when my left hand started to go numb. We saw what we thought was the Laguna, tiny but a bit of water and started to head down. I was not going up anymore because the numb hand was a clear warning. We did not see it. The laguna is big, blue, and beautiful. I still have a headache but hope it goes away by tomorrow for the trek. I will be away from computers until Sunday.

Kimkipling Out

1 comment:

Anali said...

POP!

Daphne and I loved that movie!