Monday, December 22, 2008

Still Adjusting...

I blithely came back and the first day was chill. I felt just like when I was traveling and things are the way they are. I know - deep. I did have some awkward moment with my friends. Not that you all knew, it was all in my head. But now you know! I blogged that struggling blog and thanks alot Grumpator for your comment. It did me good.

I had forgot that living somewhere can have its lonely moments as well. That just seemed to be part of traveling alone since I was dependent on the whims of fate and my own mood for companions. I knew I changed but I'm not sure how much. My sense of humor is definitely been subdued (changed forever! Gasp. No but maybe) and I'm quieter. Crazy that. I got right back in the groove of being dragged down by the job situation.

All is doing better now. I weighed 120 when I got back and I'm back to 125. Of course, I have not been exercising so it is my fault. South Mountain beckons. I got to admit that are mountains do not look like mountains to me anymore. The plan today is hike in the morning maybe and sign up for a fitness thing at the Y. Take a shower, go to every restaurant in the area, and then meet up with friends for dinner and a show. I'm not so worried about the whole job thing right now. If I end up paying massive fees to American Express, so be it. There is a new Hilton opening up at the 101 and 202 so I plan on going to the job fair next Monday.

I still have not practiced my bass at all so everything is normal in that section. I love Pandora! I listen to it all the time. I'm realizing that this blog is losing all semblance of structure but that all these English words are coming back into my vocabulary. I believe it is because my brain is not focusing on Spanish. I need to use more Spanish. I checked out some library books in spanish and I should watch the spanish channel. Just do not watch TV. Also checked out cookbooks on vegetarianism. Yep, I have decided to do the vegetarian thing. I will probably be an occasional meat eater but there that is.

I also forgot about the restless worker inside me. I'm getting things done. I replaced my front tires because that had to be done, got new pants because nothing fits anymore, and compiled all my information for an application into a document. Reminds me, I was so excited to come back and have more options in clothes. I do but not that much. I already knew that pants would not fit but apparently I lost weight in my torso so very few shirts fit as well. Yeah! I love losing weight when I have no money to buy new clothes.

So obviously, I'm dong better. Thanks also to all my friends. A lot of times I would be feeling down or grumpy or weird, then I would receive an email, comment, or phone call from someone. It would make the day a bit better and put my sillness into perspective.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Anali said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight! Yay!