Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mistakes I have made

I have a few minor mistakes that have not caused me any long lasting mistakes but still I will post them here.

The very first mistake I made was not double checking my bag. My mother and stepfather are driving me to the airport. My mom asks "What shoes are you bringing?" I say "My flip flops and the shoes I'm wearing now". She states "You left one of your flip flops in the middle of the floor at home" I do not believe her yet I do. I get all annoyed and grab my pack from the pack. I dig around and find one flip flop that is right ONE. I was pissed. I flung it at the back of the suv and it hits with a thud. I ask her if there is anything else she wants to bring up since it is too late for me to do anything about it. I calm done in like 30 seconds and thank her because it will make my bag lighter.

Get to the airport. All safe and boring. Say goodbye to my mother and the security gate and we both tear up. Next mistake, realizing that you checked your bag and it had all of your pads. It worked out but seriously annoying.

The next mistake, not getting to know my luggage better. I secured part of my bag that had my clothes but there is a part to cinch as well. I grab my bag in Ecuador and clothes are starting to fall out. Shit! What did I lose. I push the clothes in and then remember how to secure it after my flight is done. I look and it does not appear that I lost anything. Sweet. A mistake but no consequences. Nope, I lost my favorite shirt.

Last mistake, a guy told me to not drink the water. Duh! I brushed my teeth with it instead. That was the first night but no ill effects yet.

Got to run. Off to play tourist with the Reto Dude.

3 comments:

Anali said...

Packing is always the worst part. I achieve packing zen by accepting that I will always forget at least one thing. Now you've made your mistakes and can move on! Just - watch out for the water!

Sci-Fi Bri said...

DON'T DRINK THE WATER.


oops... my caps lock was on by accident

Unknown said...

Hey, better to drink the water at the beginning and get over it than to fear drinking it for the whole trip :-)

Although ... i guess it depends on your definition of "better" ...