Monday, June 7, 2010

Couchsurfers

I surfed one couch in Ecuador and it was an adventure. A girl gave me earnings and then I was shuttled all around when I was sick. Later there was a taxi accident, dancing at a bar, and the police pulling us over. I traveled with another couchsurfer and she rocked. I was leery of couch surfing while in South America, and it never happened again. I have wanted to host couch surfers for a while. There were a few obstacles in my way. One, I kept forgetting. Two, my last roommate did not want strangers over.

Well, it is summer. It is the time of the couchsurfer. I recently got back on, updated my account, and suddenly they seem to be everywhere. I have hosted two really cool chicks! Meg and Heath stopped by for two days. They shared their stories of traveling the states and working on organic farms. My traveling part stirred and keeps telling me that I should be traveling sooner rather than later.

I would have liked to have spent more time with Heath and Meg, but I had work and then work drama that I posted about previously. We all played Quelf the first night. I have two female roommates right now so it was five women playing a silly party game. The next night we ate a great meal made my roommate. There was horseradish on spaghetti squash - two firsts for me. My roommate also invited a random gentleman from the sidewalk who had been looking for someone, but instead he ate dinner with us and just chilled. He read interesting poetry but I did not want to hang out with a random dude. I went to bed. The next day I spent a few hours on my couch just chatting with the two girls. There are more couchsurfers coming at the end of the month.

P.S. My brother and I will be repairing my computer tomorrow night. I will blog about the Phoenix Comicon at the next update. Many events happened and I need time to blog about it all.

2 comments:

AMindTornAsunder said...

Dude, I always thought couchsurfing would be fun. But I've always been way too busy to even think about it. When was this?

kimkipling said...

The girls couchsurfed last week. They were in Phoenix again last night so my brother and I stopped by Pizza Bianco (Best Pizza in World as seen in a magazine) to eat dinner with them.

My own couchsurfing adventures happened at the end of 2008.