Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cranky

My computer has been overheating so my bro and I bought a cpu heat sink/fan combo. I had done research on different ones on newegg. Zalman came highly recommended and Fry's electronics had three options. I wanted the cheapest and smallest (but still good quality). My bro wanted a bit more expensive. I was unsure if the biggest one would fit but then we bought it.

First problem, the heat sink had a four pin connector and I only had three pins. Roy felt guilty. It was late. He went home and did research. It was not a problem. Yes! It just means it will always been on. Whatever. I went to install it. The bitch nut piece of equipment will not go in. I put the thermal paste on the cpu and heat sink. I then got one side of the piece of metal on the lug of my motherboard. I cannot get it on the other side.

I called my bro and grouched at him because I felt incompetent. He told me he can come over. No! I wanted to do it. Also, he lives far away and it would make me feel guilty. He said to take a break and try again. He will come over after dinner. At this point, I have only put small slices in the bottom of my right palm.

I do not take a break. I tried again. I tried with my roommate's help. I tried with pliers. I tried with a screwdriver since my bro recommended that. Whoops, it slipped. Oww! My pointer finger on my right hand looks like I decided to try to slice into deli meat. Dammit. Dammit. I flung a heavy object at my couch. I then examined the heat sink. Yep, there are pieces of my skin stuck to it. I called and bitched my brother out.

Roy came over before dinner and got it on the eighth try. I was not happy. I was cranky.

Second problem, yes, it is too big for my computer. We took off the side fan and now there is a hole into my case but the cpu heat sink fits. I apologized later that night and the next day about my behavior. My computer is fixed. Thank you Roy for loving me even when I get way to angry about the small stuff.

No comments: