Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pulgas!

Yay! I get to experience new things all the time in Ecuador like... flea bites! woohoo. I have been bite a few times the past couple days like 3 times but Antonio said it was a spider bite. Heck it might have because they look different than the other ones I got. That is right - others. I got the two bites that were "spider" bites this morning but they are gone now. I have a bunch more that my teacher said was pulgas.

I though flea but the nifty internet informed me I was correct. Antonio does not know yet but all the bedding is being washed tomorrow. It is too late now. Also going to wash the floor with hot soapy water. Tomorrow is a day for cleaning. More good news, Antonio has no bites so apparently I attact them. Well, I do not get bite by mosquitos so all is fair.

Other news, I might go out salsa dancing tonight. Who knows? A girl on couchsurfing responded to my message and I will have dinner or drinks with an English speaking person. Cool. Antonio made an alright chili carne this morning. I have had better but seriously I have attended chili cook offs so it is to be expected. I made LuAnne's guacomole and it is good! Not to LuAnne's ability but better than what I expected for my first time. Spanish is coming along. When I was sick and learning subjuntive, not good. I broke through a plateau. I took the ASU placement test and recieved a pretty high score. Very cool! Living in Cuenca is good even with pulgas.

No comments: