Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things change

I knew that when I left that things would change back in the States. I was and still am quite excited to see what has and has not changed when I get back. I changed my ticket so that I got a refund from the Buenos Aires ticket. I bought a ticket to leave from Lima, Peru on December 15th to arrive in Phoenix on the same day. I'm doing great. I do not mind living with Antonio and my Spanish is really improving. My teacher is amazing. I'm have the flu right now but am getting better. It was only a two day event.

It is not hard to live with Antonio because it is not like living with someone really long term. I do not have all my things to fit into his life. I'm not changing his set up and I do not worry about bills. It is a short term thing and once I stopped freaking out about it, easy to do. I'm getting restless and will move on in a week or so, but I'm not so excited about traveling on. In the future, if I travel again, I will make plans to stop and actually live somewhere. Have my own place that I need to clean and make decisions about.

That is all normal. Back in the States, there is a new president. There is still people caring way too much about social issues that do not effect their lives. I have a friend going to Russia for a month. And I lost Whiskers. She was put down yesterday because she was old and turned anemic. I do not let myself think about it because that is what I do when I grieve. I have no pets now. She was very important to me. I have made very few plans for my return. Get a job and live with mom. But I had already started to plan on when I would get her back and trying to figure out the kitty litter situation. So that is the main purpose of my blog.

My cat is dead.

4 comments:

Anali said...

I'm sorry about Whiskers, I know how much she meant to you. *hug*

Sydni said...

I'm sorry about Whiskers too. :(

Carla said...

Aww, that's horrible. I'm so sorry!

Shannon Stallard said...

Sorry to hear about the kitty but me and Trish are sure looking forward to seeing you again. Safe travels girl.